The Moose Hunt
One of the things we like to do when we are at my in-laws cottage is to go on a "moose hunt". We are obviously not really hunting, instead we are on a quest. After dinner, we often all pile in one of the vehicles and take a trek down the local Algonquin Park road in search for the elusive moose. We have only been lucky enough to see them twice, once in the swamp and once on the road. And of course - we never have a camera ready.
This past week I found a real gem of a book at the library (did I mention I'm a librarian?) that brought to mind our moose hunting memories. The book is called "Looking for a Moose" by Phyllis Root. This picture book is a hoot! It's about a group of kids who go hunting through the woods, the swamp, the brush, and finally up a hill in search for a "long-leggy, a branch-antler, dinner-diving, bulgy-nose moose". They have real difficulty spotting the moose, since they blend in with nature so easily (as I'm sure many of you know!) This book has quickly become a favourite for my son, and I'm sure your kids will enjoy it too.
This past week I found a real gem of a book at the library (did I mention I'm a librarian?) that brought to mind our moose hunting memories. The book is called "Looking for a Moose" by Phyllis Root. This picture book is a hoot! It's about a group of kids who go hunting through the woods, the swamp, the brush, and finally up a hill in search for a "long-leggy, a branch-antler, dinner-diving, bulgy-nose moose". They have real difficulty spotting the moose, since they blend in with nature so easily (as I'm sure many of you know!) This book has quickly become a favourite for my son, and I'm sure your kids will enjoy it too.

This looks fabulous! We have a Moose cafe that we go to for treats after school some days... and Spencer loves to "moose hunt" in there. He'd love this.
ReplyDelete