Cottage Life Show

On Saturday, we went down to Toronto so we could attend the Spring Cottage Life show. I must admit - I was quite excited! This was going to be my first CLS - and it didn't disappoint. First of all - you must know that this show is busy. I mean really busy. We arrived around 11, so I shouldn't have been surprised, but it was pretty much wall to wall exhibits and people. Secondly - it is HUGE! The show was held in numerous halls at the Toronto International Centre - we were there for a few hours and missed at least a hall and a half... that we knew about. But alas, when you attend these events with a 2yo, you have to watch the time - public melt downs at nap time are not fun. 
That being said - the Cottage Life Show was great for Alex. He got to climb on boats and ATVs - his dream pass time. Every night we tell him to dream about boats, atvs and hockey - he loves the "guy stuff".

But also they had a wonderful kid zone with some toys, crafts and speakers -and a man who was making balloon animals for kids! Word of advice - don't get your child a balloon hockey stick - at least not if he is a toddler and in a crowded area...
We found it quite informative for us as well. We went there with the hope to find advice for building our dock - and we found a few suppliers of floats which hopefully we can use. We also picked up brochures with design ideas for not only cottages but outbuildings and decks as well.  Oh, and I think we found our dream boat... crazy enough we are thinking of getting a pontoon! After a kayak and canoe... And a jet ski one day.
We will go back again for sure - probably when we are a bit closer to designing and building our actual cottage.  Gotta start playing to lottery.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a dream come true for little boys for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the show. Perhaps we'll have a chance to meet at the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment